Why can't all our digital books be in one place?

Why can't all our digital books be in one place?

I kickstarted a book for the digital version of it. The KS sent me an Adobe Digitial Editions sign up. Now to read that book, I have to use Adobe stuff. So I have Apple, Kindle, Nook, PDFs, and now this. I am struggling to keep all the digital books together. I need a spreadsheet to keep track of my books. Does anyone else have this problem?

Just a rant. It’s one of the reasons to stay in the paper format.

Hi @josh, Have you heard of Calibre, it is a great ebook management program for you computer that I use all the time. it can convert books to other formats as well as keep them in one place.

1 Like

I use Calbre as well but I also share the frustration of digital copies in multiple formats and locations. I keep promising myself that I will convert them all and have a single location. But the problem is I really like my Kindle though, but also converting for use on the Kindle does annoy me as its not the quickest.

I have started using Ebook readers on my Android Tablet but I do find that I prefer reading non-fiction on my PC as it makes taking notes easier.

To finish there aren’t enough swear words for the abomination that is the web page for Google Play Books, it just doesn’t work, you can’t read the books in a browser window.

Analog books for the win!

1 Like

Good point Joe, and there is something oddly satisfying with analog, but I prefer digital. I hate carrying around multiple books. I’ve settled on just re-purchasing everything through kindle. Even if I have the analog book. I’ve used Calibre lots, but if I get something in non-drm format I just send it to my kindle library so it’s all in one place. Also, I like taking my highlights out of kindle and putting them into DayOne for future reference, but you could then do whatever with it.

1 Like