The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

I read this a while ago and it really resonated with me. I immediately thought of it while listening to Bookworm podcast on Work Clean. The idea of a simplified workspace and home; to enable productivity, peace, and happiness really appeals and I think you guys could have a great discussion around this.

Question: is it really really close? Or is does it come at it quite different? I’m leary of doing two books that are almost identical.

Sidenote: don’t forget to vote. :wink:

Very different. Think of the ideas of a clean workspace, expanded to the entire house. It’s not a “productivity” book at all, but maybe that’s part of the appeal!

1 Like

If you ever do this book, note that Kondo does not know English. The English version of this book is not different in content but it is very different in style. I also think this book is redundant after covering any minimalism book and knowing Joe and MIke’s attitudes towards it.

2 Likes