46: Busy by Tony Crabbe

46: Busy by Tony Crabbe

Episode found at: https://bookworm.fm/46/

Don’t have time to read books? Then listen to this! Joe and Mike jump into the topic of a busy culture and what we can do about it. Mac Power Users: Workflows with Mike Schmitz Macstock Bookworm on The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant Bookworm Club Busy by Tony Crabbe The Five Dysfunctions…

I like to listen to you talking about the books. That makes me want to read the books, actually.
Incidentally, I’m a Jim Rohn fan too and a Mac user.
Thank you for this podcast.

Thanks for joining us on the journey, @Puella63! I think it’s safe to say @mikeschmitz and I are fans of talking about books. :wink:

I love Jim Rohn! I’ve been listening to this on Audible lately and love it during my runs: https://www.audible.com/pd/Self-Development/The-Ultimate-Jim-Rohn-Library-Audiobook/B076PSG3MV

Only problem is it’s so good I have to stop jot notes down so often :wink:

Brand new here! Just found the podcast yesterday! I listened to the whole episode and loved it! I’m trying to remember what the “3 family meeting questions” were without going back and skipping through to find it! Anyone remember?

That’s gotta be a @mikeschmitz question. Mike? :wink:

The questions were:

1. What should we start doing?
  2. What should we stop doing?
  3. What should we keep doing?

Thank you!!! I love you both interacting on this forum! Such an awesome feature of your podcast!

@mikeschmitz, Would you be willing to share the email you sent asking for the five words that best describe you? Seems like a really valuable exercise.

@loupage I think there’s 2 exercises you’re referring to here:

1. The 5 words you would choose that describe your personal brand (from Busy)
  2. The email I referred to that I sent Joe from Unique Ability 2.0

I’m hesitant to just share the email template because I think you miss a lot if you don’t understand the core idea behind Unique Ability, so if that’s the exercise you are asking about I would recommend you check out the book: https://www.amazon.com/Unique-Ability®-2-0-Discovery-Define/dp/1897239416

Okay, thanks. I’ll check it out. Must be some book considering the price. :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

@loupage it’s more of a workbook, but yeah it’s a little pricey. I believe that if you go into it with the right mindset though, you’ll easily get 10x that in value from it. I should also tell you that there are 2 paths in the book, and the one I chose advocates for you to take the Kolbe type A assessment and the StrengthsFinder assessment. Again, I think personal discovery is worth it, but the Kolbe A is also around $50 and the StrengthsFinder I think is around $20. So it is an investment if you want to go all the way through it.

Thanks for the feedback. I see that it is available for Kindle, I may go that route.

@mikeschmitz thanks for the tip on the Jim Rohn audio book, I’m a few chapters in and really enjoying it!

@davedgey that book is so good! There’s no fluff whatsoever.