123: Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden

123: Procrastinate on Purpose by Rory Vaden

Episode found at: https://bookworm.fm/123/

For a long time, “procrastination” has been a four-letter in the productivity world. But today’s author attempts to turn it around by giving us five permissions in hopes of setting us free to do our best work. Join Joe & Mike as they consider yet another system designed to help clear the clutter and focus…

Hi together,

trying to actively follow Joe and Mike with the books and in the fortnight pace, I had to optimize my whole reading process. Following the podcast shows already offers great advice in the art of “How to read a book”. But for going further with my grasp of all the books I have read, I had to find my personal workflow, which resulted in taking the course “Linking Your Thinking”, (LYT) a six week program in building up your Personal Knowledge Management, preferably in Obsidian.

For my presentation at the end of the course, I chose to present my book reading workflow with the example of “PoP” by Rory Vaden. Let me thank you @joebuhlig and @mikeschmitz for all your inspiration and great reading advice.

My personal addition to the pre-reading phase is to incorporate a sort of teaser of the book to read by looking up YouTube clip with a TED-talk or an presentation by the author.

I am very much looking forward to participating in Mike’s LYT House Chat next week.

1 Like